The history of the Factory
The Moscow Tea Factory is one of the oldest Russian factories. Given the metropolitan location , the factory has always been in the center of attention . The advanced technology of tea production were tested and introduced first to the Moscow Tea Factory , which hosted the Central taste panel . Increased attention is obliged to produce products of high quality. And today the factory continues to produce products that comply with EU standards. All bulk tea coming into the factory undergoes strict quality control in tea laboratory , where qualified tea tasters regularly tasting .
The priority of the Moscow Tea Factory is a concern for the consumer. The buyer should always receive high-quality and fresh tea.
Like the whole country, the factory has gone through a lot of highlights.
1893 – the roots of the Factory go to distant 90th. of one before last century and are associated with the name of Philip Maximilian von Wogau, the founder of the Trade House Wogau (“Wogau & Co.”) – one of the largest commercial and industrial Companies in the Russian Empire.
In the second half of the XIX century, with the active tea consumption in the country Trading House Wogau expands the scope of its interests and through the mediation of English tea companies begins to engage in the purchase of tea in overseas markets later resold for-sale in Moscow and Nizhny Novgorod Fair.
1917 – the first days of the Great October Socialist Revolution, factory workers fought in the working groups of Rogozhsko-Simonovsky district. During the demonstration the workers moved on the bridge over the Jauza river were blocked by armed gendarmes. Young worker Hilary Astakhov, who led the convoy tried to disarm one of the gendarmes, but was killed. The bridge on which his blood was shed, bears the name – “Astakhov bridge.”
1933 – hereinafter called the factory as “Moscow tea-packing factory named by V.I. Lenin. “ITS a new round of development was in 1933, when it began construction of a new building in Borovaya street, which was conducted under the leadership of the director of the factory Wrede Gustav Vilyaminovicha. Manual packaging of tea was carried out in one shift at two factories – in Prolomnaya street and in Borovaya street.
1934 – The official opening of the factory took place in 1934 Even that time the Factory produced tea under well known now brand name “The one with the elephant tea” and other 32 different varieties of teas. The factory was reducing the manual work through the introduction of new packing machines.
1939 – for the achieved results the challenge Red Banner was awarded to the Factory. The training school created with factory prepared personnel for all tea-packing factory of the Soviet Union.
In 1941-1945 – in the early days of the Great Patriotic War, the men went to the front to defend our homeland . There were only women remained at the factory who worked in the shops during the day and at night were on duty at the factory . Faced with a shortage of bulk tea, factory moves to the processing of fruit leaves. People were experienced by a mixture of herbs for the beverage similar to tea. Tea was required not only for civilians but for the army too . Also, there was an acute shortage of staff . Many factory workers who have left during the Second World War to the front, gave their lives for the freedom and independence of our country. There is a memorial plaque In their memory at the factory.
1946-1955 – after World War II the active work on the reconstruction of the country began.
In order to facilitate the work of women, innovators of the Factory submit proposals for improving the work of packing machines.
1956 – becoming a member of the USSR and Sri Lanka Society, workers of the Moscow tea-packing factory named by V.I. Lenin actively participate in Society work – in delegations are traveling for Sri Lanka, taking guests from Sri Lanka and other countries at the factory.
1971 – The production of the Factory are regularly exhibited at the international exhibitions. Some brands were awarded diplomas and medals For the high quality.
2011 – The only Tea Museum in Russia was opened, which contains unique exhibits of teas produced along through the whole history of the Moscow Tea Factory.